When viewing these videos, it is best to view them in sequence because the material is cumulative.
- From patient findings: Using the basic mode of SimulConsult, starting by entering patient findings (4:25). This illustrates how to run a patient case through the software and get advice on differential diagnosis, useful clinical findings and useful tests.
- From GeneReviews: A video about using the software starting from a GeneReviews article about a disease.
- Integrated Genome-Phenome Analysis:
- A published case from the Gleeson lab is used to illustrate how a genome variant table can be analyzed in minutes (October 2012 version of the software).
- A more difficult case is used to illustrate the importance of the hypothesis-independent nature of the genome-phenome analyzer (May 2013 version of the software).
- Advanced: Using the advanced mode of the software (11:36). This illustrates how to get detailed information such as a profile of findings in a particular disease, a profile of diseases with a particular finding, an assessment of how well a disease matches the patient case, and an assessment of the frequency of a finding in the differential diagnosis.
- Contributing to the database: Submitting changes to the database (diseases and their findings), shown in the context of the Child Neurology Society's Case Sharing Project (5:40)